In order to create a new loan application, find the customer for whom a loan application should be created in the Profiles tab. Then click on the Create application button. This action will open the application form:
Here you need to fill-in the following:
- Specify the loan product;
- Specify the loan amount;
- Specify the interest rate;
- Grace period;
- Disbursement date;
- Preferred repayment date.
Once you have specified everything, click on the Preview button to simulate the repayment schedule and click on the Save button to proceed.
Then open the third tab called Additional information on the left. In this tab you will see the custom fields you created for all loan applications. By clicking on Edit, you will be able to specify additional information related to loan application (typically information related the business cash flows and personal cash flows allowing to assess the repayment capacity of the potential borrower).
The next tab is Attachments. Here you can upload documents associated with the application. To upload a document click on +Add button, choose the needed file from your computer, leave comments if any, then upload it. Pleas note that you can upload attachment at profile level and/or at loan application level.
After the attachments tab, there is the guarantors section. A guarantor is a person who guarantees to pay for someone else's debt if he or she should default on the loan obligation.
In order to add guarantors:
- Click on the +Add button
- Guarantors are registered in the system as profiles and are available from the list. Create a new profile related to the guarantor if need be
- Name: choose the guarantor in the list of profiles
- Relationship: choose the relationship in the list
- Amount: specify the amount guaranteed by the guarantor
- Description: is used to store other information related to guarantor as text
- Once you have specified all required information, click Save
Collateral is a property or other asset that a borrower offers as a way for a lender to secure the loan. If the borrower stops making the promised loan payments, the lender can seize the collateral.
Please note that you can specify the standard fields related to collaterals in the configuration section related to types of collaterals.
- Click on + Add button in order to add collateral.
- Then fill in the following fields:
- Type - choose the collateral from the predefined list of collaterals
- Name – Put the name of the collateral
- Amount – put the amount of the estimated collateral
- Add any other information that your financial institution requires and that you have defined as custom fields in the configuration section
- Once you have specified all required information, click Save.
After the collaterals tab, there is a print out section. Print out section allows to print out documents related to the loan file as per your standard procedures. Those print-outs can be configured by the OpenCBS team or by yourself as long as you have the skills to design reports.
After the print out tab, you will see a new credit committee section. The Credit Committee is the group of employees who review loans files and, depending on their evaluation on repayment capacity, risks, and completeness of the loan file, decide to approve the loan, reject it or send-it back for rework.
If the credit committee members approve the loan, the next step is disbursement.
Once the loan is disbursed, it will be active and will appear in the Loans main menu tab.